Look at the pictures before reading the entry.
I was out taking pictures today and found a playground. It was in a neighborhood with tons of kids but the cold dry air kept them hostage in their homes. I imagine that on warmer days this playground is filled with laughter, screams and audible joy. Kids run from tower to tower pretending to be princesses and knights and ship captains and superheroes. Soccer moms and stay at home dads fill the benches with one eye on their children and the other on the latest novel or text from a friend. This is a place that was made for life.
Today the vacant swings were swaying slowly in the frigid breeze. The sandbox contained lonely buckets and shovels without little hands to guide them. The slide had and icy pools of half-melted snow resting at its base. There was no laughter or joy or barely a sound at all. Only the soft footsteps and clicks of a camera from a shivering photographer. This playground was empty of the life that it longs for.
This hillside oasis was created for a specific purpose. Yet, every November or December that meaning fades away and hibernates until a time when the sun shines again. Its almost as if it ceases to breathe for months at a time until, just at the right moment, its life comings coursing back into its veins. As the sun and temperature rise, children return to fill its lungs with the breath that it has missed for so many days. It has a reason to exist again.
In my life there have been many times when my purpose has escaped me. I lay dormant for days or weeks or months, ceasing to remember to breath in and then out again. Like this playground I was created for something and when I lose my way I forget why I am here in the first place. But my Creator calls me out of my hibernation. He reminds me that I was created to have life. Jesus said, "I have come so that you may have life and have it to the full." Jesus came so that I may live the life God created me to live. I am to be used for other's joy and laughter. I am to be a facilitator of life. I was created to help other's realize who they were made to be. My life has meaning.
So it is for you as well.

No comments:
Post a Comment